Landscape photography brings the environment close to us. The natural scenary is the most important aspect of landscape photos. Urban landscapes focus more on manmade structures like buildings etc. As a rule of thumb, people and animals don’t feature in landscape photos. In this post we have included 25 absolutely stunning natural landscape photography examples for your inspiration. There are many techniques for landscape photos, let us have a look at the most common ones.
Different Techniques of Landscape Photography:
There are three different techniques for landscape photography: Representation, Impression and Abstract.
Representation: These landscape photography are WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get). Photographers don’t add any special effects or props for these shots, but the weather and lighting plays an important role in this technique.
Impression: In this technique photographers use some techniques to show some unrealistic photos to the viewer. You might see snow and desert combined together in a picture, this is just an example.
Abstract: In this technique, each and every part of nature is viewed as graphical elements by the photographer. Lot of rendering, resizing or retouching happens on these landscape photography.
Landscape Photography Tips:
1. While taking landscape photography, avoid closeup shots of animals, animals can be in the landscape photo, only if they are relatively small in size.
2. Light plays a major role, so if you are not satisfied the first time, go back to the same spot when the weather and light is little better. This has always been followed by top landscape photographers.
3. Make sure you carry a tripod, because it allows capturing sharp images even in low light situations.
4. Landscape photography is more like panorama, so make sure you show maximum depth in your photos.
5. Choose one or more subjects as the foreground image, they will act as 3d images in your landscape photography and will give an interesting effect.
6. Have atleast one focus point; else it will make your image as an endless shot. These can be high raised buildings, boulders, rocks, cottages etc.
7. Don’t forget to include the sky, sometimes clouds have interesting formations and you can polarize them post production. It gives more color and contrast and makes your clouds striking.
8. Add more lines to your pictures; it captures the viewer’s attention. Lines can be the walls of a house, row of flowers etc.
9. Landscape photography don’t have to be boring, you can capture the wind blowing on the trees, flowers falling from trees etc. These kinds of pictures talk a lot about the environment.
10. Some of the best landscape photography was taken during twilight and early mornings, that is when the environment comes fully alive. Spend a lot of time observing your spot and try different angles for your shot.